The card I made for my Tutorial Co-op uses the Boo To You stamp set and Monster Mash Designer Series Paper. Our theme for this past month was Halloween-Holiday Catalog.
This was a fun card to make. It is a fun fold and I'm not sure what to call it--maybe you know?
Here is the inside:
Here are all the details:
Smoky Slate CS: 8 1/4" x 4 14", scored at 5 1/2"; 3" x 7 1/2", scored at 3 1/2"; scrap for the frame diecut
Basic Black CS: 2 3/4" x 3 1/4"; 2 5/8" x 4 1/8"
Whisper White: 2 5/8" x 4"
Monster Mash DSP: 2 1/2" x 4 1/8" plus a small piece with the figures (you can choose whichever one you like)
- Orienting your large piece of smoky slate cardstock, fold the scored piece with the smaller piece going up
- Attach the DSP piece to the black cardstock that fits on the front lower flap and then attach to that flap
- Attach the smaller smoky slate piece inside the flap on the 5 1/2' x 4 1/4" back piece so that the bottom touches at the bottom fold and the smaller part folds over the front flap
- Attach the black 3 1/4" piece of cardstock to the front of that overhanging flap
- Diecut the ornate frame in smoky slate
- Fussy cut a skeleton (or figure of your choice) out of the Monster Mash DSP and attach to the ornate frame with dimensionals. Attach googly eyes. Attach to card front with snail, or the adhesive of your choice.
- Using your favorite adhesive, attach the ribbon to the card
- Using the Whisper White piece, diecut using a stitched rectangle. Stamp the sentiment on that piece with Memento Tuxedo Black (or any black ink). Attach to the inside of the card
I love making fun-fold cards! Most of the time, they are fairly simple to make but make a huge impression on the recipient of the card!
Reminder of the Buy3, Get 1 Free DSP Sale, ending September 30: